The weather is warmer, our homeschool co-op is done for the year and each day is closer to when camp begins, so we are winding-down with school. We are only doing Bible, reading and math now- and unlike others who completely take off for the summer, my kids will continue to do math 3 times per week throughout the summer. We do this because they only do math 3 times per week throughout the whole year. And because in previous years, when we did math 5 times per week during the school year and took off for 3 months at summer, I found that they were spending so much time reviewing what they had already learned. So…Math is just a part of life.
This Week’s Goals:
- Memorize Jeremiah 29:11 and 1 John 1:7 using this book.
- Finish reading To Kill A Mockingbird and Firsthand; Begin reading Just A Minute: In the Heart of a Child, One Moment …Can Last Forever, Alone Together: Why We Expect More From Technology And Less From Each Other and Unbroken: A World War II Story Of Survival, Resilience and Redemption
- Continue reading Dogs Of Winter
- Memorize Jeremiah 29:11 and 1 John 1:7
- 2-hour date with Lillia
- Evening walk with Mike around camp
- Continue knitting purse
- Clean out kitchen drawers; purge and get rid of things I no longer use
- Clean out school bookshelf; Pick out items to sell at book sale